The vast majority of ARC’s (advanced review/reader copies) are now sent direct-to-Kindle. For new book bloggers and reviewers, that means it’s imperative to know how to add an approved e-mail address to your Kindle so that, when you hit that synch button, that up-and-coming bestseller will be ready and waiting for you.
It might be confusing at first to work out how to do this (Amazon doesn’t exactly signpost it!), so here’s a quick and easy guide.
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Hover over Account & Lists
- Click on Manage Your Content and Devices
- Click on Preferences
- Expand Personal Document Settings
- Scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List
- Click Add a New Approved E-mail Address
- Type in the e-mail address you want to approve
TIP: If you enter a partial address, you will be able to receive documents from multiple senders. This means you won’t have to add every individual e-mail address to your safe senders list…but do consider that people you DON’T authorise will be able to send documents to your Kindle if they know your Kindle address. For example: adding @gmail.com will approve every e-mail address that uses @gmail.com as its domain name.
9. Click Add Address
You’re done! Happy reading!